Environmental Management Systems
'To protect, manage, enhance, and maintain the environment at every opportunity.'
Pro-Asset Painting Maintenance recognises the importance of maintaining and enhancing the quality of the environment for the benefit of our customers, employees, shareholders and the community. Our commitment is to deliver our projects in an environmentally responsible manner wherever possible. To achieve our policy goals, we will plan and manage our activities in accordance with best practice environmental management principals.
We are committed to:
- Doing business with suppliers who have a commitment to responsible environmental management
- Complying with the environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and contractual conditions
- Preventing pollution of the environment through activities in our control
- Continually improving our environmental management performance through regular reviews and setting realistic environmental objectives and targets
Environmental Due Diligence
Our overall approach to managing the environmental performance of contracted work includes, but is not limited to:
- Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Project activities
- Choice of materials
- Conservation and management of resources
- Conservation of species, including species selection
- Consultant management
- Design innovation and use of technology
- Emergency procedures relating to impacts on the environment
- Environmental awareness
- Environmental reviews, training, monitoring, auditing and reporting systems
- Performance standards proposed to be used
- Fire management
- Identification of potential environmental impacts
- Maintenance of environmental safeguards
- Management systems
- Overcoming environmental problems due to wet weather
- Pedestrian and traffic management
- Pollution prevention and control, including weed control
- Resources, facilities and equipment
- Personnel responsibilities and authorities
- Services, sequential tasks and their frequency and timing
Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all employees and contractors and is a condition of employment and contract. Through mandatory training and education, all employees and contractors are assisted to meet the objectives of this policy.
Please note that Pro-Asset are able to provide Environmental Management Plans for projects upon request.